Saturday, March 20, 2010

TSP Election PM Candidate Interview - Sedge

Candidate Interview - Sedge
Running for the position of Prime Minister...


To enable complete impartiality, SPOT will provide all of the candidates with the same questions and provide their responses in the order in which they declared their intention to run for office...

SPOT: Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the members of The South Pacific…
I'm Sedge, probably best known for my involvement in the Founderless Regions Alliance. I've also been quite prominent in the WA Security Council recently, passing liberation resolutions for Feudal Japan and Free Thought.
SPOT: What are your motivations in running for office?..

Well I hate seeing inactive regions. Most of my time in NationStates has been spent helping other regions - either by defending, or by trying to build them up. I think The South Pacific has great potential to be active and powerful again, and I think that I can help us fulfil that potential.
SPOT: What is your opinion on the current and historical performance of the Security and Intelligence Ministry?..


Well it doesn't seem to have really performed. As of yet, no-one is running for the position, which is disappointing. Lots of people joining NationStates go looking for a 'war' setting - and invading/defending is what we have. It'd be great to get involved in that, as it gets people active. The whole intrigue surrounding intel work is something we're also missing at the moment.
SPOT: Are there any new initiatives that differentiate your campaign from your fellow candidates?..

Well no-one else is running for the position, unfortunately. Only Todd has currently given us any indication of his plans - and really, I agree with them. I'd like to see TSP 'extending outwards' too.
SPOT: And finally, if you could change anything in The South Pacific/Nationstates world, what would it be and why?..


Just one thing? sad.gif

I guess I'd probably change what happens when new nations join NationStates. I don't really know how I'd change things, but new nations just don't seem to get much help. They get bombarded with recruitment telegrams - if they're lucky they'll find an active region, and get help from some friendly people. If they don't, they'll probably just give up on NationStates without ever truly realising what its like. I'd like to see new nations get some more advice, maybe in the welcome telegram - which reminds me, I'd love to see the telegram system overhauled...

SPOT would like to thank Candidate Sedge for taking the time to be interviewed and provide the electorate of The South Pacific with further insight into their campaign...

Stay tuned for further interviews with all of the other declared candidates...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home